We are a non-partisan group of concerned citizens who do not want to see Doug Ford become premier of Ontario. Mr. Ford alarms us with his populist Trump-like conservatism. Like Trump, he leans to bluster ("Fire the CEO of Hydro1") over policy. Like Trump, he narrowly won the leadership contest through support by religious conservative groups.
Policy and democracy - learn and vote against Ford
We are digging into specific topics important to the people of Ontario. As election day gets closer, we will keep adding to help you decide how to vote NotFord.
Strategic Voting - How to vote against Ford in your riding
We’ve got a fight on our hands folks. I have made my position on the election clear – I don’t care who wins as long as its not a Conservative.
From Gail's blog A Rock and a Hard Place :
"I don’t like debt. You know that. I also know that personal debt and government debt are not the same thing. But watching the debt rise in Ontario scares me as much as the next guy… not so much for me, but for my kids. (Here’s a good article on ON’s debt.)
So this election has become, for me, a fight to make sure that the worst option doesn’t happen. For me, the worst option is Doug Ford.
Doug Ford declares:
- not everyone deserves a livable wage,
- women’s right to abortion needs to be re-opened,
- LGBTQ has no business in the school sex-ed curriculum,
- disabled people should not be seen nor heard,
- transit funding is a waste of money,
- rent control needs to be repealed,
- market forces should drive everything,
- global warming isn’t real and the environment will take care of itself, and
- manufacturing is where we’ll find new jobs..."